Friday, November 12, 2010

Maggie Taylor's work

If you haven't already heard of Maggie Taylor, you are in for a treat. If you like photography, art, classic literature or altered art, you will like Maggie Taylor's work. She works with her photos and alters them in such a unique way. She uses Adobe Photoshop (which I have yet to master or even understand) and scanned objects and creates a final piece.

Her art evokes a dreamlike feeling. She says she creates what she would like to paint without using a lot of visible layers. Unlike collage art, she works at eliminating the layers.

I have the privilege of owning her version of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. I have poured over her photo-art time and time again and each time I notice a detail I had missed seeing before.
Her work is luxurious, tactile, familiar, ghostly and timeless. She is a talent rarely seen.
She lives in Florida with her husband, Jerry Uelsmann (an artist too).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am happy you are posting again.
I love the photo work of Maggie Taylor...absolutely ethereal.
love,
your
sis