Friday, June 18, 2010

Friday ~ last day of school


  • Our oldest son finishes first grade today. He is growing up. We are so blessed to be his parents. We struggled for 10 years to have a baby. Finally, we decided to adopt. From the time we entered the adoption agency to the time we left the hospital with Grant in our arms, was the length of a pregnancy (9 months). We met Grant a month before he was born. His birth mom and dad chose us to be their baby's parents. What a gift of love they gave us! The four of us chose his name. Grant ~ "to bestow a gift or keep a promise". It fits him perfectly. He is a happy, healthy, and active boy. He loves his family, our dog, our cats, science, math, the civil war, sports, chess, and Wii sports. He makes us smile every day.We could not imagine life without this precious son of ours. We thank God every day for him. I am so thankful that his birth mom chose to give him life. I was in the delivery room when Grant was born. I wiped tears falling from her eyes. I wiped my own too.

  • Psalm 126:6 "Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy (and lullabies)".

2 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

What a precious little boy and a precious family! Something tells me he is mighty blessed!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Susan said...

Rebecca, thanks for stopping by. I am a little behind on reading posts. Yes! I am a Christian and don't know where in the world I would be without his love and grace. You have a beautiful family. Blessings!!